Saturday, April 16, 2016

Inspired By All The Little Things #11


Hi Friends, I've got a cute birthday card to share with you today for the Inspired By All The Little Things #11 Challenge. 
After debating on which patterned paper to use, I decided to go with Paris Girl by Carta Bella that I hadn't used much. Then my new to me stamp set Cupcakes by Avery Elle came in the mail just in time for this card! I've had this set on my wish list for a long time.
 I didn't want to make a black cupcake but needed some high contrast for interest so I went with it. The card stock base is dark gray from Simon Says Stamp. For a nod to the tulle I went with sheer pink ribbon and for the tiara, I added a gem flower. ( I used much restraint because I was trying to use a big gem flourish but it would have overtaken the whole card!!!) Less is more!
I may have strayed a bit far from the inspiration pic but I am happy with the results overall. 
Let's see what you come up with.
Ta-Ta for now. :)
Kim

Here's a few more challenges I'm linking to:

Seize the Birthday-Floral or Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp-Let's do the Polka (dot) Graphic on my side bar
7 Kids College Fund-Anything Goes

See you next week! Kim




11 comments:

  1. Super sweet take on the inspiration photo, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You interpreted the inspiration so perfectly, Kim! Funny, but I didn't even notice that your cupcake was black until I read what you wrote! It works beautifully :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun Kim! That patterned paper is perfect for this creation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and sweet card. Great take on the challenges. I love it. Thanks for joining in the Let's Polka challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my gosh, that paper is so darn cute! Your sophisticated black cupcake looks great with it, and love the pink sheer ribbon. All so very fun, especially with the sentiment. Would love to have that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the added polka-dot paper!! Oh and that BOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those papers and bow! Such a great Birthday card. I am also going to say that I love your new blog header....and if it's not new...well ...My apologies! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet card! Love the papers and yummy cupcake! Wonderful take on this weeks inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another yummy card from you Kim. Love the colors and the cupcake. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the black cupcake really stands out more than if it were colored. Great choice Kim and a super cute card.

    ReplyDelete