Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cardabilities 92,Curtain Call Feb 1


Hi Friends, today I have a card for the Cardabilities challenge 92. These sketches really intrigue me and allow me to make cards I wouldn't dream of making usually! PS: My card from sketch 91 is featured on the blog header at Cardabilites as we speak.  I love the scrappy style of this. I used 2 Flourished stamp sets that I recently won. The cup image is from "Grab a cup" and the coffee rings and splatters are from "So distressed". The sentiment is Flourishes "Tag lines".

To assemble the card, I used Bo Bunny Winter Wonderland paper. I cut the scalloped border with a punch, name unknown. I added a Wilton doily, May Arts twine, Recollections flower, a leaf from an ephemera pack in my stash, and Vintage Photo distress ink.

I had this image and paper in mind and then the Curtain Call challenge came out! The photo inspiration was perfect for this and influenced the shading I used on the cup. I'm pleased to submit this to that challenge.


Other challenges: Without Words Challenge Occupations (Barista)
Amusing Challenge Use a Doily
ABC Challenge E is for Embellishments (use 3) I used a doily, twine, flowers/leaf

11 comments:

  1. Kim I love the swirl on top of your coffee! Great card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuppa cuppa of joy! I love your style. Your card marries the inspiration photo and the Cardabilities sketch perfectly. Hope to see you at Cardabilities again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, I simply love this! awesome combo of challenges and thanks for the reminder, I need to put that Flourishes set on my Want List. Gorgeous work!
    Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i LOVE this fab card :) beautiful colors!!! Thanks so much for joining us on Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I"m not a coffee drinker but I'm sure anyone who is would love to receive this wonderful card Kim. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fabulous card!! I love the stain rings. So glad you joined us at Cardabilities for our latest challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a gorgeous card. thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete