Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baby.Boy.BBTB2











When I saw this week's BBTB2 challenge, I wanted to join the fun. I thought about the sun from Doodlecharms requirement and I decided to pair it with a cut I have had in my head for weeks. It is the little airplane, banner and clouds from New Arrival.


I have been wanting to make a baby boy card even though nobody I know is having a boy. I even bought some paper just for the card but didn't use it. I used some boyish paper that I received for free from CK-Manchester convention. The paper stack is made by CKeepsakes.


It didn't cut well in the Cricut. It's thin paper and I'm used to designer paper/cardstock weight.

BUT I'm pretty happy with it. I just cant STAND to make a card without ribbon though! The way I designed, it didn't really have room for a ribbon.


I made it 4.5" x 7" or so. It will fit in a #10 business envelope with room to spare. I embossed the sun with divine swirls and the background with swiss dots. I used a couple of brads and a small brown pearl on the propeller. So cute!


Kim

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet baby boy card. Love how you embossed your sun cut. We're so glad you could play along with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super sweet! I love to make baby cards too... and for no reason! New Arrival is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh....this card is fabulous. I love all the detail. It all comes together so nicely. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect baby boy card! LOVE the colors. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sharp! I love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable Baby card! Lovin the colors and all the embossing! Thanks for joining us over at BBTB2!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is gorgeous such a lovely design and the colours are fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2 this week
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet baby card ! I love all the embossing and the colors are perfect ! Thank you for showing off your creativity at BBTB2 ! Hugs - Lori

    ReplyDelete